Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Caught Up

I am finally caught up with my blogs.

Last Thursday night Rusty was tired and both kids refused to go to sleep peaceably. This is what happened. The night that followed this reminded me, yet again, why we don't sleep with our kids (usually).

Elisha tried on his cowboy suit from Robert's hand-me-downs. He loved it and didn't want to take it off. Rusty wondered why I wouldn't let him wear it to church....

He looks like he is riding a real horse. I love the expression.

We had a party for Poppy, or John John, last Friday night. Katie and I prepared a great meal: meatloaf, pinto beans, green beans, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, cream corn, homemade macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I only wish John had asked for a meal that wasn't my Mom's suggestion. I made him a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake, decorated with my fun, new icing tool. It turned out better than it could have, but it was no where near as good as the Italian Creme cake my mom had made for him. He let the kids help blowout the candles. They really blew...slobber.

We started Saturday with another birthday party. Cylia, Rusty's 3rd cousin's daughter, had her 3rd birthday at Pump It Up. The kids loved it, and I even got involved in the bouncing action.

No comments: