Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Birthday

The weekend of Mother's Day I kept my brother, Cole, so my parents could go out to dinner. Things got a little chaotic because I had to prepare for company, but the kids love having Co-Co stay. They got to watch a big kid movie and stay up a little late. Cole almost went to bed with Elisha in the baby bed, but of course, that wasn't going to work. He ended up in Caleigh's bed, but she wouldn't sleep with him because she didn't like "naked" people. (Cole had taken his shirt off.) She ended up sleeping in the floor.

My family came over to celebrate my mom's 46th birthday and Mother's Day. We had an Italian-themed dinner with Lori's Dish, Chicken Spinach Penne Pasta, and Chicken Lasanga. My sister made a homemade Oreo cake that turned out beautifully, and John John wowed my mom with his thoughtfulness. He gave her Willow Tree figurines to symbolize each of their children: Cassie - thoughtful, Katie - joyful, and Cole - imaginative. He also wrote her two sweet cards, which she read aloud, putting all the other husbands to shame.

What happens when Granna babysits.

Granna with Caleigh and Elisha...Note the ballerina costume. Caleigh changed clothes ten times while we had visitors.

The Cake

Cole and Elisha (pretending) gaming

Co-Co in the crib

No comments: