Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Fifth Anniversary

Rusty will kill me, but I had to post these.  He posed with about a dozen animals and creatures making silly faces to show Caleigh.  

This is as crazy as I get - the sill monkey hat.

Us trying to survive the wind for a quick picture


The Beach

Rusty surprised me with a trip to Destin for our anniversary.  We hadn't been anywhere alone, really, since our honeymoon, and it was great.  We delivered the kids to Grandma's where they stayed two days, followed by two days with Granna.  I had never been away from Elisha for more than six hour (in 13 long months), and he did fine, even though I took him to the doctor for an ear infection the day we got back.  And, of course, his vocabulary had grown by 20 works according to the grandmothers by the time we returned.  

Rusty and I had the chance to sleep and read and eat without interruption or demands, all things you take for granted before you have kids.  The first day the weather was poor with the wind pelleting sand at us, but the other days were sunny, yet extremely windy.   I loved it, and I hope we get to do it again in the next five years.  

(Oh yeah, I felt the baby move for the first time on the day I turned 12 weeks.)



2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Happy Anniversary! That is great that you two got to get away. Our 5 yr anniversary is this week. But, we are saving our money to come see you guys in August!! ha

Ryan and Lori said...

Happy 5 years! I'm glad you two got to go to Destin; we love it there. Congratulations on baby number 3!!! I have got to call you very soon and catch up!