Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Last Few Days in May

My Daddy Walt started the tradition of taking pictures before church on Sunday mornings when I was a kid.  Katie and I always posed in front of whatever vehicle he happened to be driving at the time - I remember the black Bronco the best.  Well, I guess, I have continued the tradition, but I don't make the kids pose in front of the minivan (or the Cavalier that hasn't moved from the spot in the grass in a few months).  And, the kids really haven't learned to pose yet.  That is a good thing though.  I was a camera hog who thought I was beauty queen, slightly deceived, and we don't want Caleigh be obsessed with looking good.  I just want to capture them as they grow (and the many outfits they have received from grandmas and great-grandmas and aunts).  

Elisha sitting in Big Sis's lap.   It took a little effort on her part to keep him there.  

Caleigh being as dainty as she gets in the dress Katie gave her for her birthday last year

Elisha in the outfit Katie gave him this year for his birthday.  Check out the flip-flops.  


We joined the YMCA back in January, and while we visited the indoor pool a lot during the winter, Caleigh couldn't wait to get out to the outside pool.  We went the Friday after Memorial Day, but the water was still freezing.  I made Rusty get in with her most to the time.  Elisha got in too, but he didn't really like it.  He must be more temperature sensitive than Caleigh.   Thankfully, it has warmed up as June has progressed.  

Caleigh testing the water, hesitating before getting back in

Lishey cuddled up with Daddy after escaping the iceberg water.  Ain't he pretty?

No comments: