Thursday, September 16, 2010

August Rush...without Daddy

August was an interesting month. I learned I'm a bigger woman than I ever thought I was. Rusty left us for two weeks to attend some classes in Philadelphia. I didn't think I could make it that long without him. But, I did do it all by me-self (as Elisha would say)...almost....Honestly, I accepted all the help I could get.
  • went to MawMaw's for supper
  • had supper with a very generous family in our church
  • were visited by Granna and Poppy
  • kids spent night with Grandma and Geez-Paw
  • went to Granna's for Meme's birthday since the boys were too sick to attend church
  • let my friend Suzanne babysit while I went to the funeral home. She helped with bath and bedtime, which was the most chaotic part of the two weeks. Everyone screamed and cried and wanted Daddy. After a week, they were over him being gone.
  • had a lady from church come visit one morning
  • The same sweet family from church came and helped me with the housework and hedge trimming. Praise the Lord for people like that.
So, I can't say I did it by myself, but now I fill more confident about doing it if I have to do it. (I still don't want Rusty to go anywhere for a year though.) My prayers go out to single moms. Thankfully, I am blessed to have a good husband who helps so much. I know he always hears me nagging (which I know isn't biblical), but I really do think he is the BEST-EST.

Josiah learned to crawl and pull up during the 2 weeks Rusty was gone

Granna having to push the kiddies in the wheelbarrow

Co-Co ordered to babysit Josiah (aka thug baby)

Sailor hats from VBS at Salem. Caleigh needed two.

Chuck E. Cheese...no, please

A picture of me with the kids....Take it in. I'm usually left out of the pictures. It's the missing mom effect, always behind the camera.

No comments: