Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas at Dollywood

Season Passes to Dollywood were about to expire...We had been planning to go to Dollywood since September, but we hadn't been able to make it. We wanted to go when the Christmas lights were up, and we finally did. We got down to the last week, and we were planning around the weather, and the weather kept changing, and our days kept changing. Finally, we planned on the 31st, but thankfully, I checked and it was closed. Glad we didn't make that trip.

So, on the 30th we headed out in the mini with our family plus Grandma, Geez-Paw, and Cole.

Under the heart posing, but not quite as perfect as Katie and Dave

The family minus Josiah. My mom kept him for us, which was great considering the freezing temperatures, but I missed him since we were separated two nights.

Everybody but me.

Elisha making a face while Rusty and I were trying to upgrade MJ and Steve's tickets to season passes, which didn't work.

We went to watch Dollywood's Babes in Toy Land, and Elisha passed out. How sweet.

Caleigh and Cole waiting to watch Polar Express. Caleigh didn't wear a coat for about the first two hours in the park. When we got out of the car, she had a Caleigh tantrum over putting on her coat. She was left with Grandma, and I hoped Grandma would sweet talk her into wearing it with me having go down to the battle of the wills. That didn't work out. Grandma let her go with out, thinking she would relent in the cold and put it on. No. Not her.

All of us with the conductor at the Polar Express

Other interesting points of the trip.
  • Steve and I walked a mile (almost) to procure chicken fingers for the children. I came back with drinks strapped to my blue jeans.
  • I rode in the front seat of Blazing Fury with Cole. Somehow I ended up drenched. My hair, my shirt, my jeans, and I had to walk around in the 30 degree weather like that.
  • The kids made it in the car back and forth very well until about the last hour and a half when Caleigh wanted to lie on Cole and he didn't want her to touch him.

No comments: