Sunday, July 6, 2008

Caleigh's Second Birthday - Fish Party

I've always wanted birthdays to be special and memorable for my children, so I planned Caleigh a fish party because fish are one of her current obsessions.  I realize she probably won't remember this party, but she will be able to look back at the pictures and videos.   With both of our families and our church family, the guest list reached over seventy people.  When I started planning, I didn't realize I was planning such a big blowout. Thankfully, I enlisted the help of my family.  My dad and granddad fried fish, both grandmothers helped prepare side dishes, and my mom and aunt came and helped me clean the house pre-party.  Right as the party started it began to hail and rain, but it stopped shortly.  We ended up with at least fifty people, and about fifteen of them were children under twelve.  After the fish fry, the kids dug for plastic fish in Caleigh's new sandbox.  Then, they went "fishing" to win gummy worms, saltwater taffy, and fish crackers.  They also swam in the little pool, which Caleigh later walked through in her dress, and the big kids played with water balloons.  All I can say is it seemed everyone had fun (making a big mess).   
 I made Caleigh a rainbow fish birthday cake and cupcakes in ice cream cones, both easy and cheap (typical of me). 

Granna helped take care of Elisha.  He didn't have as much fun as the other kids though.

 Caleigh wanted to play with ever gift right after she opened it.  I wondered if we would ever get through the present time.  Thankfully, everyone was patient with her and her whining.

If Merriwether and Annika (Kikka as Caleigh says) had not helped, we might still be opening presents.  We should have offered to give them a few of the presents because, as Bob said as she opened her presents, we're working on another yard sale.

*Great Gift Idea*
I Love My Bible by Deborah Anderson
It's perfect for teaching children about Scripture and its importance.  

No comments: