Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The WILDLIFE

We have four baby robins nested in our laundry room window. The kids have taken down the blind to watch them. How awesome it is to watch the mother bird go find a worm and bring it back to feed them. In just three days, we have also seen the babies go from waiting with mouths open for the motherGod's beautiful provision.

Picture of half-dead snake in garbage can

No matter what Elisha may have told you, we did have a snake, but it did not bite him and it wasn't a rattlesnake. The kids came to tell me there was a snake. I assumed they were joking, but when I went to look, I found a half-dead snake. I knew it wasn't poisonous and thought it would die from the wound Kit Kat had given it, so I took by stick to the garbage can. Later we took Rusty to show him and the snake was crawling out of the can. I guess it faked us out. It eventually stole away, hopefully to eat all the bad mice and rats, not our chicken eggs.
This dog came to our house one Sunday afternoon, and since it wasn't wearing a collar, Caleigh decided to adopt it and rename it Sally. I figured it was Pepper, the neighbor's dog, and it was. But, Caleigh spent the afternoon holding it. It was even in the house, which is a "yuck" for me, but can the dog really be worse than the kids. Before we left for church, she said the dog must have went home, which was a sign to me that she had trapped it in her bedroom. After I freed the kidnapped dog, Caleigh loaded in the van and said she renamed it Winn Dixie since dogs named Winn Dixie get to go to church. He didn't go to church with us though. A few nights later he came back when Aunt Diane was babysitting and refused to go home. He even followed Rusty and the kids home after trying to return him. Maybe Pepper enjoyed Caleigh's "special" attention.

We found five caterpillars on our porch at once.

1 comment:

Beth said...

so funny! Sounds like my crazy kids. Miss you guys. We have to get together one of these days!