Thursday, August 20, 2009

August Moments

Caleigh wearing her new cowboy boots and hat getting ready to go ride Nellie at Uncle Jess's. Don't you like her Eastwood expression.

A little more excited...but she might be ready to draw.

Making a picture to give to Mr. Bert to say "Thank You" for the hair bows and sunglasses

Homemade Martha Stewart Chocolate Chip Cookies - I was so proud of me and Caleigh. I've never made pretty homemade cookies before. Maybe one day I'll really learn to bake, and maybe Caleigh will grow up being able to bake and not just make messes while cooking.

Salsa made with tomatoes and peppers from the garden, but it still isn't like Chili's or a Mexican restaurant's. Anyone have a good recipe?

Caleigh's first braid (I think). Ms. Ashley did it though, not mommy. Caleigh loved going to Ms. Ashley's Beauty Shop during her visit.

What was supposed to be a punishment for Caleigh turned into a picture when Elisha climbed up in the chair with her.

Piled up on the couch

2 comments:

Ryan and Lori said...

I'm impressed with the salsa! I've thought about trying to make Chili's salsa before and found some copycat recipes on the internet. I decided against it though when I thought about the fact that it is $2.99 for a bag of chips and salsa to go at chilis :)

Ashley & Chuck said...

Caleigh is so cute in her cowgirl get-up! You are a blessed woman with a precious family! (and I'm serious!)